On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Stuart Henderson<s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2009/06/07 12:56, patrick keshishian wrote:
>> Just trying to see what other ports do with @newuser, it seems that
>> some use /nonexistent and some /var/empty for the user's home
>> directory. What is the preferred home directory to use for a daemon?
>
> imho: usually /nonexistent unless the port has a daemon which
> chroot()s to its home directory and doesn't write to it (since
> we don't want random crap in /var/empty).

Thanks Stuart for the reply. One more questions if you don't mind.
Just want to make sure I'm doing this port thing correctly.

Is there any specific convention for user/group names for ports? The
port I'm making if for a pptp client, should the user/group I choose
reflect the name of the port/package or is _pptp sufficient?

I looked for examples, and I see obvious ones such as _cups for
print/cups and _mysql for database/mysql, but then i also see _news
for news/leafnode and _ups for sysutils/nut.

Thanks,
--patrick