On 30/06/2009, at 8:59 AM, Nigel J. Taylor wrote:

Just a little feedback. A few very minor things encountered.

All used ads flavor of samba port.
make package error couldn't find pam-winbind - updated

Thanks, I'll take a look as I haven't built a package with the ads flavor.

Tried using amd64 - OpenBSD current. Simple setup - security = user.
man page for smb.conf gives an error.
(note libexecinfo already installed).
Transferred around 8Gb, both directions.

Tried using i386 - OpenBSD 4.5 stable. Same issues as above.

Installed on laptop, reported libexecinfo not found when running smbclient. Added from ports libexecinfo. smbclient appear to be fine, missing dependency.

Build from machine that doesn't have libexecinfo installed. configure is finding it in the build process.

configure.in

# Find a method of generating a stack trace
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(execinfo.h libexc.h libunwind.h)
# libexecinfo provides backtrace_symbols on FreeBSD
AC_SEARCH_LIBS(backtrace_symbols, [execinfo])
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(backtrace_symbols)
AC_CHECK_LIB(exc, trace_back_stack)

Installed at work, Active Directory (Windows 2003).
smbclient -k Kerberos ok with Active Directory.
samba Active Directory member server, no issues just updated from
samba-3.0.34p0, apart from above adding libexecinfo from ports for the
smbclient. Up and running straight away.

Warning both these OpenBSD 4.5 stable platforms have a number of ports from current.

Regards

Nigel Taylor

Thanks for testing. I'll have an update shortly.

Ian McWilliam