frantisek holop wrote:
hmm, on Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 10:30:05PM +0100, Stuart Henderson said that
I really dislike that with the space, and don't think it helps much
with copy-and-paste either. I'd be happy just removing it though

it definitely helps with a lot of terminals that do not consider
'.' as a separating character for obvious reasons...  instead
of the double-click one has to drag the curser over the whole
thing.  or backspace after pasting, whatever.

I use xterm, I found it's defaults  not very useful.
I added :
xterm*charClass: 33:48,36-47:48,58-59:48,61:48,63-64:48,95:48,126:48
This changes what is selected with double clicks.
You may be able to customize your terminal to be more "friendly" to copy.
my favourite is actually having the filename on its own line,
just double-click on it, and paste with left button after "less ",
one doesn't even need to press enter, the end of line was copyed
as well.  graceful like ballet.. :]

i think the README.OpenBSD files are quite familiar
to the community, they know that they are afterboot(8)'s
ports(7) equivalent...
most ports don't have them, so it's useful to note when they
exist, you almost always need to read them.

yes, i meant it that way.  they should definitely be in the
install message, unless they get their own makefile variable
(e.g. ${LOCAL_DOC}) and get put into the package by
packagetools a la homepage :]

-f