Chris Bennett wrote:

Jacob Meuser wrote:
On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 09:44:25PM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:
You got to have xenocara installed.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 08:48:09PM -0500, Chris Bennett wrote:
I just tried this on a different computer and got the following error:

# make obj && make depend && make
/bin/sh: cd: /usr/xenocara - No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/chrisbenn/Desktop/scrotwm-0.9.6 (line 274 of /usr/X11R6/share/mk/bsd.xorg.mk).
#

So this means that something must be necessary in xenocara, which I haven't kept up to date as well as ports.
(this laptop doesn't even have it at all)

I will update xenocara and see if that fixes problem.

fwiw, all you realy need is the /usr/xenocara directory (or skip
`make obj' or define NOOBJ ...).

Well, this worked but also failed, badly.

After this, I appeared to have gotten 0.9.6, but the Alt - P no longer worked.
(Every other use of Alt key appears to work ok)

I tried updating dmenu, but that failed (older snapshot)
Deleting both packages didn't help, so I upgraded to Sept. 12 snapshot.

I still cannot use Alt - P.
I get error:
dmenu - can't load library 'usr/local/lib/libswmhack.so.0.0

I can't get back to older version of 0.9.5, no matter what I delete and add.

I even tried pulling libswmhack.so.0.0 out and putting it in /usr/local/lib

Fixes first error, but adds new one:
error, cannot allocate color 'bar_color'

At this point I'd be happy to just get backwards to where I was. Don't know how to fix this.

My other computer fails rather differently. All appears to go well but stays at 0.9.5.

Chris Bennett

Ok, I managed to get back to a working 0.9.5.

After carefully pkg_deleteing and using pkg_info -L on dmenu and scrotwm, I manually deleted all those files.

Yet I was still getting a scrotwm opening at startx.

I did   find / -name scrotwm -print

I found a /usr/X11R6/bin/scrotwm

after removing this, I was able to pkg_add scrotwm, all ok now.

Chris Bennett