Ok, I was glad to see an update to scrotwm, hoping it would fix a problem I have with dialog boxes.

Didn't, and now I realize it couldn't!
Problem is on my end.

I have two CRT monitors. One is excellent, the other is kind of crappy but nice to have.

Good one happily supports 1600 or higher resolutions and works happily with xrandr. I use 1600x1200 85hz refresh
Other one won't support a good refresh rate at 1600.
Was using it at 1280 x something, but now using it at 1024x768, due to age effects.

Dialog boxes open just fine in the crappy monitor, but when I use good monitor, dialog boxes open split across virtual area, into both monitors. However, I just figured out that since my virtual screen is 3200 2400 (from xorg.conf) there is a piece of unviewable space under smaller visible screen. Part of dialog box is "lost" there. I often work with both screens at same time, so swapping screens just for dialog boxes will not be a good solution.
Very tired of dragging every box into view.

Is there an answer to this problem?

Chris Bennett

  -- Robert Heinlein