OK,
I finally found a workable solution that will probably work for others also.
The stack method worked for some resolutions but not all.
I just found a cheap deal on a new monitor, but it works well only up to 1152x864.
This resolution does not work with the stacking method.
I could never find a region setting that did the trick.

I decided that the problem with auto detection was that my main screen was not seen as master screen. Thus, bad auto-detection for dialog boxes. I decided that perhaps instead of swapping normal left right positions with top and bottom, perhaps swapping left and right with right and left would perhaps work.

This seems to work perfectly.
Dialog boxes now open in main screen from main screen.
On smaller screen, they open in larger screen. Since this screen is larger, all of box is visible.

Chris Bennett

  -- Robert Heinlein