Edward Ahlsen-Girard wrote:
> It seems to me that Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 performance on the 9/21
> snapshot is pretty bad.  What I see is a lag of minutes before
> downloaded messages actually display.  I have one account delivering to
> the Local folders.  Under the 9/17 snapshot the message download usually
> stopped before getting all the new messages.

?  Not entirely sure what you are saying, but sounds like something
was not happy there, too.

> Dmesg follows.  I don't
> know what other info would help, I will send if asked.
>
> OpenBSD 4.6-current (GENERIC) #178: Mon Sep 21 13:47:26 MDT 2009
>     t...@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> cpu0: Intel Pentium III ("GenuineIntel" 686-class, 512KB L2 cache) 449 MHz
> cpu0:
> FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,
> SSE
> real mem  = 268009472 (255MB)
> avail mem = 251285504 (239MB)

Thunderbird on a 450MHz machine with 256M RAM?  OUCH.  You win a prize for
patience already...

My guess is something has just pushed you over the edge (you weren't ever
far from it, I suspect), and you are now swapping and it wasn't before.
"top" will give you a pretty good idea what is going on there if I'm right.

Nick.