hmm, on Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:00:26PM +0200, Landry Breuil said that
> > the mirror is not finished yet probably.
> > hey, what about a nice feature in pkg_add,
> > that while the mirror is doing the bulk build,
> > the build script would create a text file in
> > the ftp directory, ".building" and remove it
> > afterwards? :]
>
> Do you seriously think every mirror does its own bulk build ?
>
> Think a bit more about the whole problem of snapshots distribution of
> several gigabytes all over the world on mirrors operated by various
> people, some of them not even using OpenBSD, and please realize what
> you propose is stupid.

i dont see how this is "stupid"...  ok, some of them just get
the packages, so what?  the script that does that could touch
a .lock file when it starts and remove it when it is finished...

this could be handy even without pkg_add implementing it..
i can look for the file and if it's there, i'll retry later.
even this can be automatized if needed.

i mean, this is a legit "error" situation for pkg_add.  i dont
see why it cannot be informed about the state of mirror's
state of synchronisation...  the infrastructure is there
to do something similar than this.

-f
--
i thank my lucky stars i'm not superstitious.