On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 01:16:56AM -0500, cody chandler wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm very new to openbsd and if there is some way I may help with
> maintaining ports I'd love to give my time towards a wonder full product.
> Not sure if product would be the best choice to describe a solid OS.  My
> back ground from little to fair, html, xml, old Basic, Net.  I'm looking
> into Cobal. The irc channel said that's what I should look at in order to
> understand openbsd a bit better.  Please ask any questions or point me in a
> direction so I may help.

Asking "for work" makes it pretty clear that you are not yet able to
help. Most developers do not want to act as instructors, there's too
little time and the investment into someone seldom pays off.

Give yourself some time, play with the system, run snapshots, help other
users if you can, etc.

Fixing things does come all by itself, either the port is outdated and
you need a newer version, or it's not yet in the ports system. If
something bothers you enough, fix it and send a patch.

It's not an issue if it isn't perfect the first time, especially on
ports..

--
Sent from my noname server.