On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:22:29PM +0100, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > the import features was through the sun extension before,
> > I think it is still that way.
>
> So the OOo port is building the included xpdf and doesn't use it?
>
> (Sorry if I sound stupid -- I *am* stupid, especially if it comes to
> programs like OOo)

Great fun: you have to enable the pdfimport extension using something
like

/usr/local/openoffice.org3/program/unopkg add
/usr/local/openoffice.org3/share/extension/install/pdfimport.oxt

then you get the contents of pdfimport.oxt (which is a zip file)
unpacked somewhere under ~/.openoffice.org

Sounds like a stupid idea.

Ciao,
        Kili