On 2010/03/19 10:28, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Mark Bucciarelli <mkb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > How do I get the symbolic links generated
> > from .so.<version> to .so?
> >

> What I've learned:
>
>   * If my test code is right (see below), dlopen("libbat.so")
>     and dlopen("/usr/local/lib/libbat.so.1.34") do the
>     same thing on OpenBSD.

yup; as described in dlopen(3).

> So, it seems to me the correct approach is to patch
> monetdb to skip the call to open() and let dlopen()
> do it's thing.
>
> Does this make sense?  (Dynamic loading is new
> to me.)

I think so.

There are some problems with SSL checks which need configure
scripts regenerating which in turn are triggering a problem with
the autoconf port; I nearly have something which builds core libs,
client, server5 with an evil temporary hack to get past the
autoconf problem, I'll send out a tarball shortly.