On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 01:32:56PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 04:04:56PM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> > tested this on two differnet i386 machines and plays great, no issues
> > to be seen with this update. thanks to Daniel Dickman!
> >
> > -ryan
>
> I hate to be a buzzkill, but this doesnt appear to work on sparc64 :(

hmm well no its still good to find bugs. if chocolate-doom 1.2.1 was still
working fine, i'll get in contact with simon (the author, i've been friends
with and known for years now) and see if we can work together to squash it.

he has been doing an excellent job keeping things as portable as possible
so he'd appreciate knowing we could fix sparc64. if you're willing perhaps
we can hook him up with access to a sparc64 machine to debug, else if you
come up with a patch i'll definitely forward it on to him.

finally he informed me he has been working on his OPL branch for just over
a year which will be included in the next release, this includes a driver
that will work with OpenBSD's OPL driver for those of us with old soundcards.
I'll have to rummage through my parts and see if i can put something together
to test that, that'd be the second OpenBSD specific thing hes managed to do
for chocolate-doom, which i think is nifty considering hes a heavy linux
user. very nice to see a linux dev that considers other platforms. the
OpenBSD PC speaker driver is nifty for nostalgic purposes too :D

-ryan