Update to ghc-6.12.1.20100330 (which is ghc-6.12.2-rc1) for testing.
For those who already tried the version I mentioned some days ago:
there are some additional small changes to ghc.port.mk, so better
use the new diff.

This is a little bit large, so if you want to give it a test, feel
free to fetch it from http://openbsd.dead-parrot.de/ghc.diff

Notes:

- Bootstrapping is done using precompiled binaries, since .hc
  bootstrapping still doesn't work. I really hate this.

- libgmp is currently disabled, because I didn't yet hack the GHC build
  system to use the system libgmp instead of the patched one included
  in GHC.

- The testsuite currently doesn't work, because there are some parts
  calling the test scripts via `/usr/bin/env python' instead of
  using the PYTHON environment variable.

- The ghc package now includes haddock, obsoleting devel/haddock. This
  may change again in the future.

- CLDouble has been removed from GHC some time ago, because it was
  an alias for double (AFAIK there's now support for long double
  in GHC). As this isn't a really big problem, it currently breaks
  c2hs, which I'll mark broken temporarily before committing the
  ghc update.

I'll send around diffs for some additional ports that need to be
updated and could need some testing (especially darcs and xmonad).
You'll need a very current ports tree (as of: from today) to test
those diffs.

Ciao,
        Kili

--
_|_ is pronounced 'bottom', and is the greatest lower bound of a
complete lattice.