On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:15:19AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:43:36AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> > >   if audio works fine with sdl, i don't see any reason not to.

> > >   untested but looks correct. one comment below:
> >
> > I haven't tested it either, but, why would the SDL flavor exist if it
> > doesn't work, and why would the commit messages say native audio
> > doesn't work?
>
> so, has anyone tested this yet?
>
> > reading the SDL and audio(4) backends, I'm pretty sure SDL will not
> > only work on more hardware, but is more "correct".  the audio(4)
> > backend doesn't check what format is actually being used, but the
> > SDL one does (and SDL does conversions, and since SDL already uses
> > sndio(7), it can support pretty much everything via aucat).

for what its worth i've been working on a port of e-uae for about
a year now which uses sdl already plus impliments all the cpu
emulation enhancements from winuae. it runs great, nice and fast
full speed emulation on my laptop but iirc i had issues getting
it to cooperate with the ports system. if interested i'll dig
it up, and even since we don't like more than one tool for the job
if we had a port for e-uae i don't think there would be a need
for vanilla uae anymore as everything i tested (game disk
images, workbench various releases, kickstart rom 1/2/3 etc)
all work great in e-uae. regards,

-ryan