On Mon, 31 May 2010 01:05:51 -0600
Stanley Lieber <stanley.lie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael-392 wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to get the tablet screen working on the X41. After
> > googling I found that it once worked with OpenBSD 4.4 and
> > linuxwacom-0.8.2:
> >
> > http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2ywAxrd95GIJ:https://osuny.co.uk/~azure/txt/openbsd_thinkpad_x41_tablet.txt
> >
> > However, a lot has changed since then. 0.8.2 doesn't work anymore
> > with the -current OpenBSD X11 version and I also don't get any
> > newer version of linxuwacom to compile for other reasons (seems to
> > have something todo with LINUX_INPUT).
> >
> > Anyone got more luck and/or porting experience? ;-)
> >
> > Michael
>

> I helped test the original howto you linked above. Pen functions fully
> worked under 4.4-RELEASE.
>
> I played around with this a bit tonight (running the 05/29/10
> snapshot of 4.7-CURRENT) and after some patching I got
> linuxwacom-0.8.2 to compile and install (see patch below).
>
> The next problem was calibrating the pen. After I setup xorg.conf
> and restarted, things were way out of whack. Moving the pen to the
> upper-left corner brought the cursor almost in line with the pen
> point. Moving the pen away from the upper-left corner of the screen
> resulted in an increasing distance between the cursor and the pen
> point.
>
> I wasn't sure where to proceed from there. It is possible my patch
> messes up something important for pen calibration. The
> InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct function  was being called with too many
> arguments (I removed only what I believed to be bounds checking, but
> that seemed to satisfy the compiler). Removing OutOfProximity is a
> change from versions of linuxwacom that came after 0.8.2 and shouldn't
> hurt anything (especially since we specify Absolute in xorg.conf
> anyway).

I have a X41 Tablet here as well and tried to apply your patch - I also
had to modify some of the header files to include xorgVersion.h and
xorg-server.h instead of the XF86 stuff.

It compiled fine but after modifying the kernel (nasty stuff in the
howto) and starting X, the machine crashed immediately after the pen
hits the display for the first time.

I would be happy to help out and test code - but my C knowledge is
reduced to the easy modifications mentioned above...

--
Oliver PETER     email: oli...@peter.de.com     ICQ# 113969174
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."