On 2010/06/01 22:22, Rodolfo Gouveia wrote:
> Rodolfo Gouveia wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > Again I'm 'porting' gpodder, version 2.6 atm.
> > But this time I got an issue with the install.
> > This is a python program but the README that comes with it
> > instructs to do a 'make install' which runs some sed and changes
> > some files. So the port doesn't do this and I get an error
> > on a missing file, which is generated by their 'make install'.
> >
> > How can I handle this on the 'make build' of the port?
>
> Actually it's not just some sed, it also run other stuff.
> But I think I found out a way: build this port without MODULES=lang-python.
> This way I get to use gmake to do their 'make install'.

Please use the python module for python ports.
You can just write your own target like

do-install:
        ${MAKE_PROGRAM} install

python.port.mk does this, i.e. it only uses its do-install target
if you don't provide your own:

 96 # extra documentation or scripts should be installed via post-install
 97         .  if !target(do-install)
 98 do-install:
 99         ${MODPY_PRE_INSTALL_BAD_EGGS}
100         ${_MODPY_CMD} ${MODPY_DISTUTILS_BUILD} ${MODPY_DISTUTILS_BUILDARGS}
    \
101                 ${MODPY_DISTUTILS_INSTALL} ${MODPY_DISTUTILS_INSTALLARGS}
102 .  endif

> Seems to work fine, it runs their Makefile but in the end I get an empty
> PLIST file even after a 'make plist':

What output does 'make plist' give?

Might be easier to include the port.