On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 05:06:55PM +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> I had to update the port a bit. I had to add the -DALLOW_SMP_DANGERS to the
> CFLAGS to be able to compile it on sparc64 and mips64. Don't know, maybe
> there
> are more architectures where it would fail to build. I also added a comment
> regarding it explaining why it is there.

this is done in the portaudio-svn port as well (jack will be removed from
it real soon now, btw).  according to the sources, you shouldn't
get an error with gcc>=4.1.  does it really error out on sparc64?
what this really needs are proper memory barrier functions for
!(x86 or ppc) archs.

> However, I just recognized, on my sparc64/mips64, coccinella doesn't register
> to the asterisk, when it loads the iax extension, then I get an error message
> from portaudio:
>
> PortAudio error at Unable to open streams: Invalid error code (value greater
> than zero)
>
> I am not sure, whether this is a 64Bit issue somewhere in the code or the
> reason for this is that I don't have a sound card in those boxes.

almost assuredly from the lack of sound card.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org