"Anthony J. Bentley" <anthonyjbent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Netsurf crashes when I try to download a package from the OpenBSD
> > web-site. As you know netsurf doesn's support JavaScript so for all I
> > know even this crash might be "normal behavior".
>
> Netsurf 2.5 (what we have) is pretty unstable, and they weren't happy
> with it... the next version (still in SVN) should be better, as they've
> been concentrating mostly on bugfixes.
>
> What link were you using to download from? I'd like to send it upstream.

I was using

http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/

to download texlive_texmf-minimal because the pkg_add would time out for
some reason and I would end up only with the partial package. I changed
the mirror and everything is fine. I am hopping to give Landry backtrace
of crashes in next hour or so. I had no issues adding any other package
with pkg_add.

> > The stupid web-site which I use
> > for work
> >
> > https://pipeline.aug.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
>
> I can't help here, but as a student I can empathize. A lot of schools
> (including both of mine) use Sungard software, and it is terrible...

We are in the process of phasing it out and replacing it with "superior
Microsoft products like Exchange". Anyhow, I picked XXXterm for my my
main browser on the new installations . I have no idea how Marco does it
but it XXXterm works flawlessly with the crappiest sites. It loaded
above site without any warnings. If somebody could teach me how to print
a web-page or two from XXXterm, I would not keep Midori around.

I will not be playing with surf and netsurf much longer. I like idea
behind netsurf and it is much, much more usable than Dillo but
JavaScript is show stopper for me.

Cheers,
Predrag