On 2010/08/31 16:37, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> sshguard protects hosts from brute force attacks. It supports IPv6,
> whitelists and log authentication, interfaces with all the major
> firewalling systems, has a remarkably clever log analyzer, and is
> independent, fast and lightweight as it's written in C.

> +COMMENT=     Protect against brute force attacks on sshd and others

lowercase first char

> +DISTNAME=    sshguard-1.5rc4
> +PKGNAME=     ${DISTNAME}p0

drop this PKGNAME line

> +# BSD
> +PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=        Yes
> +PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=  Yes
> +PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM=      Yes
> +PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=        Yes
> +

needs "WANTLIB += c pthread" here

there was a previous port of this which was never imported, I think
most things have been incorporated upstream but it had some useful
information in MESSAGE about setting up syslogd/pf.conf to work with
which is probably worth incorporating somewhere.

Please add the following to /etc/pf.conf:

table <sshguard> persist

block in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from <sshguard> \
        to any port 22 label "ssh bruteforce"

Please add this to syslogd.conf:

auth.info;authpriv.info         |/usr/local/sbin/sshguard