On 2010/09/12 10:39, Ryan Boggs wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> wrote:
> > On 2010/09/11 18:20, Ryan Boggs wrote:
> >> Attached is the diff to bring py-odbc to 2.1.8 for testing and
> >> committing.  It's been working for me on i386.
> >
> > I couldn't get this one to package; egg.info changed to being a
> > directory and the file modes in the tar.gz are too lenient. Attached
> > diff fixes these (and regenerates patches) but I haven't tested
> > operation yet.
> >

> Odd, my patch worked fine for me.

We've worked out what did this now; some python ports have an
optional dependency on setuptools. If absent, it creates a PLIST
like yours with .egg-info as a file. If present, it creates a PLIST
like mine with .egg-info as a directory.

If you're working on or committing python ports, please make sure
you have generated a plist with setuptools installed; if you get
.egg-info as a directory rather than a file, you need to use
MODPY_SETUPTOOLS=yes.

If modifying an existing port, changing this value requires a bump
as it adds a run dependency.