On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 11:53:14PM +0200, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> On Saturday 09 October 2010 16:33:38 Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > Is there any reason why this shouldn't use freeglut (instead of
> > glut)?
>
> Hmm. Is there a consensus to always use either of the two? Freeglut does
> seem like the better solution to me, but since glut and freeglut
> conflict, I think we should move all ports to using freeglut and then
> remove glut entirely.

Freeglut Maintainer here: Nothing should depend on glut. If it doesn't
work with freeglut, it was probably written in 1993 and never touched
since.  So please, switch it over :)

Afair there is no port that depends on glut other than supertuxcart. All
ports were switched over to freeglut after it was imported. I would love
to see glut bite the dust. Getting rid of the PITA that is glut was the
reason for porting freeglut (not that there was much to do).

Tobias