On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Tasmanian Devil
<tasm.de...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello, list!
>
> Since the upgrade to Python 2.6 sysutils/tentakel shows these warnings
> above the usual output:
>

> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/lekatnet/config.py:55:
> DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the
> subprocess module.
>  import popen2
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/lekatnet/plugins/rsh.py:29:
> DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
>  import md5
>

> So I searched a bit on the web and found a way to suppress these
> warnings. I don't know anything about Python unfortunately, so my
> patch might not be correct or the location where I add the code
> (config.py) might be wrong, but so far it works just fine for me.

You're only suppressing the warnings, not fixing the code in the right way.

For md5 is simple:

try:
    from hashlib import md5
except ImportError:
    from md5 import new as md5

Replacing popen2.popen3 with subprocess.Popen is a little more
complicated, but it's full of examples out there...

ciao,
david