Jeremy Evans <jer...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> package name, and if you build a package of devel/ruby-rspec for ruby19,
> it will use ruby19-rspec as the package name.  The ruby19 package naming
> will bite us when we switch to ruby 1.9 as the default ruby version, but
> we'll cross that bridge when we come to it,

I think that issue is significant enough to warrant consideration now.

Updating from ruby19-foo to ruby-foo with pkg_add will not work
unless we add entries for all ruby19-* packages to devel/quirks,
and that is something to be used sparingly and not for a whole class
of ports.

> and I can't think of a better solution currently.

We could continue to prefix all ruby ports with ruby19 (rb19?) when
we switch to ruby 1.9 by default.

But that will screw up updates for ruby-foo from 1.8 to 1.9.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de