* Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org> [28.10.2010 23:49]:
> call me crazy, but I expect a utility named shntool to work with
> .shn (shorten) files.

The manpage says it's a historic holdover:
    shntool is a misnomer, since it processes WAVE data, not shorten data.
    The name is a holdover from its early days as 'shnlen', a program cre-
    ated specifically to extract information about WAVE data stored within
    .shn files.
    Aliases for shntool are prefixed with 'shn' instead of 'wav' to avoid
    possible collisions with existing programs.

I added a RUN_DEPENDS to the updated port to meet this expectation.