On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 05:53:51PM +0000, Miguel Garcia wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm using OpenBSD 4.8 in VBox, behing a proxy. I've exported
>ftp_proxy var correctly; I also check ping google and its Ok. But
>when I try to pkg_add python from
>ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.8/packages/i386/
>ftp: Can't connect or login to host 'ftp.openbsd.org' ...
>
>any idea?

Very "good" report, really. Virtualization tools use a couple of
networking setups - host only, nat, bridge...

Anyway, only related thing you can do on OpenBSD guest is to run
tcpdump(8).

For network issues with VBox you better ask on some VBox list or
VBox irc channel, this is not VBox list. Or run tcpdump(8) on your
host on a device where is your guest connected to...

jirib