On Dec 30, 2010, at 8:33 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 08:09:54PM -0500, Chad M Stewart wrote:
>> Various reasons, but your right using packages would be faster.  This really
>> gets me as I've built many ports before, usually very easy to do.
>>

> Have you aliased 'make' to anything?

No.
autoload='typeset -fu'
functions='typeset -f'
hash='alias -t'
history='fc -l'
integer='typeset -i'
local=typeset
login='exec login'
nohup='nohup '
r='fc -e -'
stop='kill -STOP'
suspend='kill -STOP $$'
type='whence -v'

> Checked mk.conf?

Does not exist.

> Where did you get ports from?

I don't recall right now, but to rule that out I grabbed a new copy from a
mirror I've never used and then

cd /usr
mv ports ports.old && rm -rf ports.old
tar xfz /root/ports.tar.gz

Exact same problem continues, ran a diff -b on both sources of the ports.tar.gz
file, no differences.  Then grabbed it from a mirror outside of the US, no
difference from the other two.  The sha is SHA256 (ports.tar.gz) =
e748cb13a47b1bd6bbafa7f85acc108ebd8a59f4101c5b37570bc327dfe876a9

I've even tried ports from -stable via CVS, same error.  For kicks, I tried
-current ports (with the rest of the system being -release) and it gives the
same error.  I didn't expect -current to work, but figured it was worth a try.

I'm at a loss.

-Chad