On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 04:13:47PM +0100, David Coppa wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Federico G. Schwindt <fg...@lodoss.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> If I understand things correctly, the path is:
>>
>> pianobar -> libao -> sndio -> aucat
>>
>> So if you set aucat's frequency to 48Khz, you should not experience
>> the funny ?Chipmunk Effect?.
>>
>> Are my assumptions wrong?
>
> that should work.  it shouldn't even be necessary to set the sample
> rate, assuming the driver is working correctly.  more info needed
> here.  it sounds like the OP is trying to work around a bug?
>

>> ciao,
>> david
>>

> --
> jake...@sdf.lonestar.org

Sorry about the noise guys, I should have probably googled for libao
sndio before hacking pianobar to use sndio directly.
I can't back this up because I don't have access to an openbsd at this
time, but if I remember correctly I simply did a man -k ao and don't
recall reading about sndio anywhere...

I actually use aucat with pianobar to resample to 48Khz already - I
just didn't realize it would have had the same effect without my
patch.

On a side note, I found the documentation for writing my sndio patch
to be very good.  kudos to whoever helped develop sndio and aucat -
It's all very nice stuff.