> On 2011/02/03 16:42, Stanley Lieber wrote: >> > Chrome 9.0.597
packages for testing: >> > >> > http://blade2k.humppa.hu/chromium/ >> >>
Installed on two i386 machines running a current snapshot (one hardware,
>> one vmware on xp).  I've been surfing and installing plugins for
several hours.  >> Only hiccup so far is the usual DNS resolution issues
also exhibited by the >> previous 5.x port.  > > care to elaborate?  I
don't think that's been mentioned before.

Under the 5.x port, DNS resolution would occasionally stall for thirty
seconds or more with the message "Resolving host..." in the status bar.
This wasn't unique to the OpenBSD build; users on multiple operating
systems reported similar behavior.

Some *nix users reported that removing the "search" line from /etc/hosts
resolved the problem.  Others reported disabling "Pre-fetching" in their
preferences eliminated the delays.  My own tests produced inconclusive
results on several different machines (all OpenBSD/i386).  After making
a change to /etc/hosts or preferences, the problem would disappear for a
while, only to return unexpectedly.  On some systems I never experienced
the delays at all.

The new package exhibits similar behavior.  The status bar message now
appears as "Searching..." It's a maddeningly inconsistent failure;
sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

On the plus side, 9.0.597 seems much more stable.