Hi Laurie

I posted a port of calibre to the list a few weeks ago.  I'll take a
look at your patches and merge your work into it.

On 2011 Feb 13 (Sun) at 19:47:16 +0000 (+0000), Laurence Tratt wrote:
:[I know ports is in lock, but this is an early stages port that will need
:quite some work before it's ready for commit. There are probably better
:qualified people than I to take this forward, so early posting seems
:sensible.]
:
:Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application - it
:can sync and convert various formats to Kindles and their ilk. It can also
:connect to various internet news sources and sync them to an ebook device.
:
:This port is rough and ready - it currently pretends to Calibre that it's
:running on FreeBSD to utilise the rudimentary FreeBSD inbuilt support (which
:means that there's no nice talk-via-USB support; you can do things manually
:by mounting the device yourself in the normal filesystem) and incorporates a
:couple of hacky patches from Debian. This is enough to get simple
:functionality up and running - I can e-mail files to my Kindle, for example.
:Both the port and Calibre itself really need a lot of cleaning up (Calibre
:itself is rather tempermental, and can quite easily get its knickers in a
:twist; how much of that is a lack of OpenBSD support I haven't yet looked
:at), but it does what I need it to.
:
:The port is at:
:
:  http://tratt.net/laurie/src/obsd/ports/calibre.tar.gz
:
:It also needs an updated version of py-cssutils (without it, virtually
:nothing works), a patch for which is at:
:
:  http://tratt.net/laurie/src/obsd/ports/py-cssutils.patch
:
:
:Laurie
:--
:http://tratt.net/laurie/ -- Personal
:http://fetegeo.org/      -- Free text geocoding
:http://convergepl.org/   -- The Converge programming language
:

--
Croll's Query:
        If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?