I am working on a new port.

COMMENT=                Net::TCLink - Perl interface to TrustCommerce

MODULES=                cpan
DISTNAME=               Net_TCLink.pm-3.4
REVISION=               0
CATEGORIES=             net
USE_GROFF =             Yes

# GPLv2.1
PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=   Yes
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=     Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM= Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=   Yes

MASTER_SITES =          http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/W/WI/WITTEN/
#MASTER_SITES =         ${MASTER_SITE_CPAN:=subdir/}
DISTFILES =             Net_TCLink.pm-3.4.tar.gz
#DIST_SUBDIR =          CPAN/authors/id/W/WI/WITTEN
#EXTRACT_SUFX =         .tar.gz

pre-configure:
        @perl -pi -e 's#%%LOCALBASE%%#${LOCALBASE}#g' ${WRKSRC}/Makefile.PL
.include <bsd.port.mk>

tar file comes back with  directory of Net_TCLink.pm-3.4, not Net_TCLink-3.4.
I made that work by tagging on a .pm but that seems ugly. How should I go about
fixing that?

Yes I did some cut and paste, works apparently.
there is probably a better way to write up MASTER_SITES  and DISTFILES, right :)

passes regress.
build warns:
In file included from TCLink.xs:5:
tclink.c: In function 'Connect':
tclink.c:542: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
tclink.c:553: warning: passing argument 2 of 'd2i_X509' from incompatible
pointer type

Thanks,
Chris Bennett