Hi,

On Thursday, June 16, 2011 20:26 CEST, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us>
wrote:

> Alright I went back through my archives and can't find the patch I had
> *and* I can't make it crash on amd64 anymore (when I last tested this I
> did have a wonky machine that had other issues).  So please use
> libbacktrace which is binary compatible with libexecinfo and see what
> happens.  If you can make it fail I'd love to see it so that we can go
> figure this out again.
>
> Note: in order to make the backtraces work properly you need to add
> -export-dynamic the gcc command line.

was busy with a lot of other stuff, so it took me a while to create a port, see
attached tarball. The port is far from being "clean", but works so far that I
install backtrace_test program, run it, and it crashes for me on i386, see the
backtrace below.
It works on sparc using gcc-2.95, but there also works the gnustep sudoku for
me.

$ gdb backtrace_test
GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-openbsd4.9"...(no debugging symbols
found)

(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/backtrace_test

0x00003b63 in bt_create_backtrace (buffer=0xcfbd8f8c, depth=128, flags=1) at
backtrace.c:68
68                      HANDLE_FRAME(7, i, addr);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00003b63 in bt_create_backtrace (buffer=0xcfbd8f8c, depth=128, flags=1)
at backtrace.c:68
#1  0x00007dec in backtrace (bt=0xcfbd8f8c, depth=128) at backtrace.c:210
#2  0x1c000a71 in f1 ()
#3  0x1c000b00 in f0 ()