On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 09:01:30PM +0200, Martin Pelikan wrote:

> Prefetching stuff is a brilliant idea on a sane internet connection. But
> people probably want to use their browser in a bush on GPRS 56k modem
> and share the line with others, too.  Also, at least in our country,
> there are lots of stupid greedy ISPs who bill you based on how much
> traffic do you transfer.  Why should either group of people be limited
> in favor of the other?

Yes, you are right, but I am more often than not stuck on really  crappy
connections,
with old hardware (compiling with new hardware is so much better, but coding
requires
little capacity).

So prefetching, for me, really really sucks!
I can live with a knob, but intermittant and poor connections are common for me.
Forcing prefetching from upstream is not well thought out by them.

Chris Bennett