On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 01:15:06PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2011-06-25, Mikolaj Kucharski <miko...@kucharski.name> wrote:
> > Ok?
> >
> > - always install headers, even if that same header file is already
> >   installed in the system, this is for various conformal.com ports
>
> Why would you want to do this? It doesn't affect ports at all, and if
> these are being built outside of ports you don't really want the timestamp
> on those headers to change unless the contents of the headers changes too.

I think it does affect if you have package installed and port is
rebuilding again. You end up with missing files in fake and package
fails to create. That's why I create those patches as I was affected by
this.

@cd ${.CURDIR}; for i in ${HDRS}; do \
cmp -s $$i ${INCDIR}/$$i || \
${INSTALL} ${INSTALL_COPY} -m 444 -o $(BINOWN) -g $(BINGRP) $$i
${DESTDIR}${INCDIR}/; \
echo ${INSTALL} ${INSTALL_COPY} -m 444 -o $(BINOWN) -g $(BINGRP)
$$i ${DESTDIR}${INCDIR}/; \
done

What happends if file $$i and ${INCDIR}/$$i are identical?

--
best regards
q#