On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 01:21:59AM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > > 2. If I put the new gstoraster program into a subpackage, depending on
> > >    cups and ghostscript (-main), would this be a problem?
> >
> > On the contrary, I think it would be a perfectly fine solution.
>
> I'll do so, but it will have to wait until thursday, because I'll
> be mostly afk tomorrow.

After splitting ghostscript into -main and -cups, there are some
problems:

- the three FLAVORS (a4, gtk, no_x11) don't make any sense for the
  -cups subpackage, but they're still neded for -main. Is it possible to
  drop all flavors for a specific subpackage?

- the -cups subpackage needs some @pkgpath markers for people updating
  from the (old) ghostscript-8.63-cups package; and from the
  ghostscript-8.63-a4-cups pacakge etc. I know we have a fancy new
  syntax for @pkgpath since some weeks now, but do we have any smart way
  to match `any flavor'? If not, i guess something like

        @pkgpath print/ghostscript/gnu[,a4][,gtk][,no_x11]

  should be used. Right?

Ciao,
        Kili