Hi,

Installing ettercap-0.7.3p6 from a package mirror on OpenBSD 4.9 AMD64 was
resulting in a segfault when running any basic capture - this would occur
after 1 or 2 seconds following startup of ettercap eg:

sudo ettercap -T -i re0

Tried both the ettercap-0.7.3p6 and ettercap-0.7.6-no_x11 flavours with the
same result. Testing the i386 package(s) on a i386 OpenBSD 4.9 machine had
no issues.

Did a quick Google search and found the following post:

I removed the packages and recompiled from the ports RELEASE tree, after
running a "make extract" to modify the line in ec_tcp.c as mentioned in the
post above. Following the package build, ettercap appears to run fine, with
no segfaults in my limited testing.

uname -a : OpenBSD thor.solvant.local 4.9 GENERIC.MP#819 amd64

Files modified:

/usr/ports/pobj/ettercap-0.7.3-no_x11/ettercap-NG-0.7.3/src/protocols/ec_tcp.c

Changes to files:

Modified line 119 in ec_tcp.c

Old: opt_end = (u_char *)((int)tcp + tcp->off * 4);
New: opt_end = (u_char *)(tcp + tcp->off * 4);

I am not experienced enough to see if this change affects any other functions,
but on the off chance that this occurs to someone else, this "appears" to
overcome the segfault issue.

If any maintainers would like debugging or testing of the vanilla package,
please let me know.

Thanks again,
Nick