On 2011-08-16, Paul Irofti <p...@irofti.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 07:31:53AM -0600, David Coppa wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Resubmitting now that the tree is unlocked.
>>
>> The following diff updates minitube to its latest version (1.5).
>> I've also added a patch to remove the check for new versions,
>> which is useless in a package.
>
> I like that (checking for updates), specially as the lazy maintainer that I
> am.
>
> So please leave that in.

It's not really helpful to a user, unless it can check for new OpenBSD
packages - I think upstream would agree otherwise they wouldn't want to
disable update checks for APP_MAC_STORE..

IMO it's part of a maintainer's job to subscribe to the relevant
announcement mailing lists and/or check the web page for updates (I have
a script which checks a bunch of pages like this, where the relevant
project has no announcement list or where they have one but don't use
it reliably).