On 09/18/11 20:39, STeve Andre' wrote:
On 09/18/11 12:19, Mitja Muženič wrote:
(forgot to reply all)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: new: owx
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:16:02 +0200
From: Mitja Muženič <mi...@muzenic.net>
To: Landry Breuil <lan...@rhaalovely.net>

On 09/18/11 15:30, Landry Breuil wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 04:47:58PM +0200, Mitja Muženi?? wrote:
-------------------------------------
OWX (Open Wouxun) is an open-source program designed to program Wouxun
transceivers. It was developed on Wouxun KG-UV2D and tested on KG-UVD1P
(both identify as KG669V). Possibly other Wouxuns are supported too,
but
this is not guaranteed - use at your own risk and ALWAYS make backups!
This software is highly experimental. Using it can result in rendering
your radio unusable and your dog killed. You have been warned.
--------------------------------------

Tested on my Wouxun KG-817 HAM radio with a Prolific USB-to-serial
adapter with fancy wiring at the end so it hooks up to the radio's
speaker and mic jacks (as described in
/usr/local/share/doc/owx/README). Since the protocol and memory
layouts of the radio are reverse engineered, not every function is
supported.
Excellent! I didn't know this existed. As it happens, I have a KG-UV10
to test this on.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf en72

I am glad that I am not the only one with a Wouxun radio :) It will probably work even better on a KG-UV1 than on my KG-817, just make sure to read the docs carefully. Let me know if it works for you.

Regards, Mitja, S57PNX