Hi,

The issue was chmod a+w included o+w so using chmod o+w is no
improvement. You might find if the owner:group was changed on the
directory config, as apache runs under www:www to:

www:www, that drwxr-xr-x (u+w)

or

root:www then drwxrwxr-x (ug+w)

this might solve part of the issue.

However the file index.php is located in the wrong directory in the
first place, and if index.php is changed this breaks the package updating.

Nigel