On 11/03 09:18, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> Here's an updated diff with the following changes:
>
> Make jruby use multi-packages, with a separate package for the ri
> documentation files.
>
> Better patch for the jruby launcher binary.  Previously, it segfaulted
> if you didn't have the java bin directory, the localbase bin directory,
> or /usr/bin in the PATH.  This broke the building of some gem ports with
> the jruby FLAVOR.  If a more experienced C programmer could review this
> patch, I'd appreciate it.  I've tested it and works even if you do
>
>   PATH= /usr/local/jruby/bin/jruby

Unfortunately, making jruby a multipackage requires bumping all packages
with a jruby FLAVOR (even though almost none are built by default).  It
turns out that jruby ships a broken ri program anyway, so the ri
documentation files are not usable without installing some external
gems.  Because of that, it's probably better to just not ship any of the
ri documentation files with jruby.  Almost everyone using jruby also has
regular ruby installed, and the documentation differences between the
two are minimal, so this shouldn't have a negative effect.

Gzipped patch attached, tested on amd64 (will test on i386 shortly).  I
plan to commit this tomorrow unless I hear objections.

Thanks,
Jeremy