A couple of hours ago I wrote

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:59:41PM -0500, Brad wrote:
> > The QEMU 1.0 release is coming up soon. Looking for some testing of the
> > rc2 release. Let me know how it goes.
>
> Builds on i386, and I tested qemu-system-i386 with two user-mode VMs linked
> via multicast socket.  Both were using qcow2 with backing files.  The drive
> images had beecreated with 0.15.1p1.

I should never type anything before a first cup of coffee.

1) Not user-mode NICs, standard -net nic options.  I was unable to articulate
that these weren't tun(4) interconnects requiring privilege escalation.

2) "beecreated" has nothing to do with bees, their honey, honeycombs, hives, or
other apiary engineering efforts.  Just a typo for "been created".