On 04/12/11 8:46 AM, Edd Barrett wrote:
On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 07:26:50PM -0500, Brad wrote:
FFmpeg.. Yes. mencoder.. no.

OK, well, we should try mencoder as some people might still need it.

Yes and that's why I asked you to do some testing with MPlayer.

What is the configure patch for mplayer about? How does this relate to
the ffmpeg update?

So that MPlayer builds with FFmpeg.

Gee thanks ;) Can you be more specific -- I don't find this obvious.

It adds a check for the trunc math function as is done for many other
functions there and sets the proper define so the embedded FFmpeg builds
its wrapper function.

That's if I chose to use master branch code.

So this is a stable branch update?  Above you said it was a snapshot. A
snapshot of a stable branch? I can't guess this stuff.

Its a snapshot of code in time. Depending on the situation with 3rd party
programs (ports) where the snapshot is taken from can vary. Its a snapshot
from the oldabi branch.

believed to be clean.