This library supports encoding and decoding of liner timecode.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_timecode

Among other things, this can be used to write an application that generates
audio data which can be converted into a MIDI clock signal by special-purpose
hardware or software. So when this audio data is played from an audio device
(e.g. a multitrack recorder) and fed into the converter the audio device can
act as a MIDI clock even if the device doesn't support MIDI.
See http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1996_articles/jun96/miditimecode.html

I ported this some time ago because I thought I'd need it. But it turns
out I don't. I'm posting it in case someone else finds it useful.
Obviously you'd need to write or find additional software to make use of it.