On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:54:57PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2012/01/23 03:43, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> > >
> > > Cheers, I have imported dgen-sdl, but I await a second OK for removal of
> > > generator. Anyone?
> >
> > is it entirely too terrible to have more than one emulator for the same
> > system?
>
> absolutely not, but the in-tree version of generator doesn't work.

I have a port of gens-gs also, but I did not post it becuase it was
limited:

 * It refuses to build on amd64 (configure actually exits with this as
   an excuse).  I am guessing this is probably because no-one has yet
   written the assembler code in amd64 calling convention.

 * There is a segfault bug in mono sound in gens-gs.

 * Does not perform as well as dgen-sdl.

In general dgen-sdl was just a better emulator for me -- that's all :) I
don't see any reason why we can't have >1 genesis emulator in tree, just
they should all work.

We actually have sdlmess in tree, which can do megadrive emulation, but
it is painfully slow.

For what it is worth, my gens-gs effort is attached. It is nowhere near
finished.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett