On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:00:43PM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
> On 07/03/12 5:54 PM, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> >>
> >>anyone tested this?
> >>come on, don't cry later. you know who you are.
> >>

> >on amd64 it segfaults and generally doesn't work with rthreads.
>
> Strange. All I use is amd64 and it runs fine for me.
>
> If you build both 1.0 and 1.0.1 on the same system do both versions
> exhibit the same behavior?

Seems the binary I had wasn't linked properly and the package wasn't
registered properly for whatever reason.  Rebuilt everything and now
it seems to work as expected.

And though ahci isn't documented in the man page it seems to
work with the somewhat awkward directions from
http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/0.14 namely
-drive id=disk,file=<your image goes here>,if=none -device ahci,id=ahci -device
ide-drive,drive=disk,bus=ahci.0
enough for a install, but seems to hang on mounting root after the install
(default ide works fine).