On Saturday 17 March 2012 19:02:46 Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Antti Harri <i...@openbsd.fi> wrote:
> > Fileutils, sh-utils and textutils have been combined into coreutils
> > package in 2003 according to <http://www.gnu.org/software/fileutils/
> > fileutils>. Should those three ports be replaced with a single
> > "coreutils" or "gnucoreutils" package instead of fixing those three
> > separately?
>
> Yes.
>
> I also think we should use this opportunity to kill the gnuls
> subpackage.  If people want ls with colors, they are better off
> with colorls, and if they really insist, they can still install
> coreutils.

Makes sense. Can someone check the attached tarball? I'm sure it has room for
improvement as I did it pretty hastily. I'm going to call it a day so I'm
submitting it now. :-)

Does the .so in libexec need special handling?

Can some of the pkgpath/conflict markers be combined and are they correct?

Didn't have time to build libc with the getline patch, but I hope the gnu
folks have gotten it right in a decade..

--
Antti Harri