Between lingering thread issues, an X11 update, and the GNOME churn,
there are a few build errors:

These suffer an #error "only <glib.h> can be included directly":
  x11/hs-gtk
  x11/mono-gtk2

These run afoul of a deprecation warning in Xlib.h:
  x11/icewm
  x11/sclock

For icewm, I'm not sure if some #include is missing or if the Xlib.h
construct doesn't work in C++.  For sclock, we could simply kill
the -Werror, but upstream has also disappeared, so I've asked the
maintainer what to do with the port.

No idea what's wrong with those as there are no error messages:
  sysutils/heartbeat
  devel/hs-MissingH
  devel/hs-regex-pcre-builtin

Then we have the ports that spuriously fail to build:
  lang/mono
  www/icedtea-web
  editors/xemacs21/stable

Mono is really bad.  I had to restart it several times before a
build finished.  Icedtea sometimes fails in configure...

checking if sun.security.x509.X500Name is available... no

... because java crashes.  XEmacs occasionally gets stuck in an
infinite loop during the build, but this has been happening for
years.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de