On 2012/04/03 17:31, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         LEX=gflex
>
> to the ports Makefile. This does not help because the configure script
> uses the "cached" value from the quick start macros in config.site. How
> can I convince configure to use gflex??

I forget the order of overrides, but try CONFIGURE_ARGS

> In case somebody wonders why ports gflex is required:
>
> 2007-02-20 [colin]      2.7.2cvs56
>
>         * autogen.sh
>         * src/matcher_parser_parse.y
>         * src/matcher_parser_lex.l
>                 Fix big memory leak in flex, and
>                 require flex 2.5.31

Have you checked with flex in base anyway?
Flex 2.5.30 had a major change to using m4 to generate the
scanners which introduced a number of problems, and there's a
chance that they require at least 2.5.31 to avoid one of those
problems and perhaps 2.5.4 is actually OK. Or maybe not.  :)