I do not agree that it is useless as it gives the information that something is wrong. Without a report, the problem might even slip into a release. When I noticed the problem, I was in real hurry and a friend wanted to quickly send me a file through IM. I wrote the report one day later on another computer, not remembering what dependency was missing.

What I did was:
1. pkg_add -i pidgin    (picking the gtkspell flavor)
2. running it, noticing it halting because of missing dependencies
3. pkg_add -i amsn
4. pidgin suddenly working after adding amsn

At this moment I have no time to set up a chroot and test out what was missing. If I would have had the time, I would have been doing it already. And no, I have not done anything to break anything, and this was with ready compiled packages in snapshot.