On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:18:27AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2012/05/26 20:10, Brad Smith wrote:
> > On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:53:17PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > > BTW it would be nice if somebody could add to ONLY_FOR_ARCHS
> > > and try this on some of the various mips arch. Don't forget to
> > > log the build. (It's in the tree now).
> >
> > BTW, sparc64 should be removed as LLVM has no 64-bit SPARC support.
>
> I think that was fixed, from docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html:
>
>         "For example, the LLVM SPARC implementation provided covers
>         three major versions of the SPARC microprocessor architecture:
>         Version 8 (V8, which is a 32-bit architecture), Version 9
>         (V9, a 64-bit architecture), and the UltraSPARC architecture."

I don't see any indication that is really true. I see one commit to the
SPARC backend to enable 64-bit support 3 years ago and zero work on the
SPARC backend since then. The LLVM developers have been talking about
ripping out the SPARC backend for awhile now as it is unmaintained.

believed to be clean.