Hi,
so I updated my laptop from 4.9 to -current the other day and
noticed that stumpwm (my windowmanager of choice) was behaving
strangely.
I was able to trace it to sb-ext:run-program leaking file descriptors.
Run this
  (sb-ext:run-program "/bin/sh" `("-c" "date")
     :output *standard-output* :wait t)
multiple times and observe with e.g.
  fstat | fgrep -c sbcl
that the FDs are constantly increasing until you hit ulimit.

4.9: does not leak (sbcl-1.0.41p0)
5.0: ???
5.1: leaks (sbcl-1.0.54)
current: leaks (sbcl-1.0.54)

(In case it matters this is on i386)

I'm currently trying to get my hands on a 5.0 box, probably tomorrow.

This probably bugs me enough that I'm going to poke sbcl some time in
this millenia - if nobody beats me to it.

Thanks,
Florian

--
Well, I'm not the most reliable source on what is "real".